zondag 16 juli 2017

Restless mind syndrome

I have a disorder, it is called restless mind syndrome. Which I think is a disorder every doctor or medical student can relate to. We have to be intellectual stimulated at all times or we lose our minds. We make long hours and work hard. During a long shift we all dream of a free day, with Netflix, a blanket and a glass of wine on the couch. We intend that the next free day we are going to do this all day long. The day comes and I nestle myself on the coach, thinking this is going to be awesome. One hour in, I am starting to resent myself. I feel useless and feelings of guilt start to slowly take over my brain. Thank god, this is mostly only one or two days and then we can emerge ourself again in overworking.

Currently, being in Laos I have symptoms of this syndrome. Life in Laos is relaxing, people work at a slower pace. They are not so concerned with the first world rat race. Which is also a bliss and part of why we moved here. I am just experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. 

The starting of a hostel is a slow process and I am getting restless. So today, even though I said I wouldn't work for a few months, updated my resume and sent out an application for a job at the local children's hospital. Besides that I am starting one on one Laos language lessons and we found a beautiful apartment for the time being. Next week we have to go to Bangkok on a visa run, seeing that we are still here on a tourist visa. In the mean time we are having a lot of fun, a friend of Jack is here to visit us and we went (again) to the famous waterfall. Also I am getting more and more skilled at bowling, since this is the only activity open after 11pm we spent a lot of our evenings perfecting our skills. When we return from Bangkok we are moving in to our new apartment which has shelves! I can put my stuff somewhere, OMG this is amazing to me. 

Groetjes!


















Left is the waterfall 10 days ago. Right is the waterfall yesterday. Welcome to the rainy season!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten