vrijdag 1 september 2017

Reunited again….. with my laptop


So there was quite some radio silence. When we went for our visa run to Bangkok we only packed the necessary things and left laptops etc. behind in LP. As it was only to be a short trip we did not anticipate on needing them. 
We were enjoying our mini break in Thailand. Meeting up with some old friends in Chiang Mai when the news reached us that my Opa was taking a turn for the worst. This news even though expected had hit me hard as my Opa kept on asking when will I be there. I was on the phone with my dad every day to get updates and see if it was necessary to jump on a plane back home. 
After a week of “waiting” we decide to go back. Jack was finally allowed back in the EU so we did not have to go without each other again. 
In the Netherlands my Opa was doing a lot better. I think he just wanted to see us. After ten day's my Opa was well enough that we dared to go back to Asia. Flying in to Chiang Mai to pick up some of the stuff we bought in Thailand we decided on a little detour. 
I have always wanted to learn how to ride a manual motorbike and we are thinking of buying one in Laos but I wanted to know if I liked it and if I even could do it at all. We rented two awesome Honda MSX bikes (pictures below). This is a very light mini bike, only 125 cc and about 100kg heavy. Perfect for a lightweight as myself. Jack (being a bit taller than me) looked quiet amusing on the small bike and on top of that he had my pink teen backpack on. We did a 5 day loop called the Mao hong son loop. Bringing us from Chiang Man to Pai, then up to the boarder with Myanmar. Finally down and east again over the top of the highest mountain in Thailand. 
When I was reading on the internet about this trip it said it can only be done on big bikes with experienced drivers in the dry season. So in other words perfect for us (read: sarcasm). 
Amazingly enough we made it without any problems what so ever. As I got more comfortable with the bike and changing gears I really started to enjoy the windy roads and stunning views. The trip was amazing and would recommend it for anyone who has a little bit more time to burn in northern Thailand. You get to see the real Thailand, small villages and stunning views. We stayed as the only guests in guesthouses that have long lost there glory and ate some questionable foods. Yes there was rain, and some times a lot of rain. Weaponed with our 7-eleven ponchos we pushed on in pouring rain. But then finally making it to the guesthouse was ever so sweet. 

After our motorbike trip I had to go back to Bangkok for a dental appointment. After this we decide to take the slow boat tour from Chiang Mai to LP. This was the first trip we did together after meeting in Chiang Mai 9 months ago and the start of our relationship. So we thought it would be a nice way to relive that moment. 
Again the slow boat did not let us down on providing a great trip. With amazing views and amazing company we finally sailed back in to LP. Here our new apartment was waiting to welcome us. We moved in yesterday and I had great joy in making up our bed for the first time, unpacking everything and having a home cooked meal!

Other than that a lot of planning is going on and I am hoping I can start soon as a volunteer doctor but more about that later, first.... pictures!
















  












1 opmerking: